Something Wicked Games is a new studio founded by creative and leadership talent behind some of the world’s best role-playing games including Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and The Outer Worlds. We create moving, impactful games in a collaborative, creatively autonomous environment.
Something Wicked Games is currently developing Wyrdsong, a preternatural RPG set in a semi-historical Middle Ages Portugal. We are a full remote studio looking for team members who are adventurous, confident, and purposeful.
Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help us create tools and manage our art to engine pipeline. Our game will feature a Western European Middle Ages look and feel with dark, otherworld aesthetics. You will be responsible to help our artists get the job done!
- Create and manage tools for 3dsmax and Maya
- Work with the artists to help improve their day-to-day workflow
- Rig/skin complex characters and manage runtime physics/simulation setup
- Mentor more junior members of the Tech Art team
- Must have shipped a AAA video game, or have 5+ years of full-time experience at a AAA video game studio in a Tech Art or related role
- A strong understanding of common lightweight scripting languages such as python
- Must have proficiency in at least one major DDC (3dsmax or Maya preferred) (maxscript/mel)
- Be adaptable to challenges and an excellent problem solver
- Have great feedback and communication skills, and be willing to work with other disciplines as needed
- The ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Expertise or experience in another area of development (Art, design, FX, etc.)
- Experience with RPG style games and their unique needs
- Experience with developing shaders and complex materials
- Familiarity with outsourcing/ingesting art
- Unreal engine/Blueprint system