Something Wicked Games is a new studio founded by creative and leadership talent behind some of the world’s best role-playing games including Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and The Outer Worlds. We create moving, impactful games in a collaborative, creatively autonomous environment.
Something Wicked Games is currently developing Wyrdsong, a preternatural RPG set in a semi-historical Middle Ages Portugal. We are a full remote studio looking for team members who are adventurous, confident, and purposeful.
Senior Graphics Programmer
Want to take on the challenge of making something great even better? We are looking for a graphics programmer to join our team. In this role, you will help realize the vision of the Art Director while delivering highly optimized graphics solutions.
Working in Unreal Engine 5, you will optimize, customize, and create various shaders to bring the vision of our game to life.
- Work closely with Art and Design leaders to achieve graphical vision of the game
- Analyse and write technical designs of features to be implemented
- Build tools and reports to detect and communicate issues related to graphics
- Monitor and optimize rendering performance over life cycle of the game
- Write robust and tested code for maintainability
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Extensive HLSL or other shader programming language experience
- Extensive modern C++ and use of best practices
- Extensive use of platform specific graphic profiling and optimization tools
- Shipped one or more games using Unreal Engine 4 or similar C++ based proprietary engines
- Worked on one or more AAA games
- Advanced knowledge of real-time graphics
- Experienced in multiple graphics libraries: OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, etc.
- Experienced in various shader languages: Cg, PSSL, GLSL, etc.
- Good knowledge of PC and Console hardware
- 5+ years of C++ experience
- Good knowledge of other programming languages
- Enjoy playing video games